Final Exam Schedule (General)
[For all colleges except health sciences professional colleges]
For the complete Final Exam Schedule, go to: Final Exams Page
Final Exam Schedule for Spring Semester 2017
The final day of instruction for the 16 week spring semester is Friday, April 28th. Final exams are held during the 16th week, from Monday, May 1st through Friday, May 5th. Note: Instructors of courses with non-traditional meeting schedules should contact the Office of Classroom Scheduling to arrange for exam locations. Contact the Office of Classroom Scheduling at (312) 413-3640 (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). Selected courses follow the combined section exam schedule, most follow the general schedule.
|Monday 6:00-8:00p.m.||Tuesday 6:00-8:00p.m.||Wednesday 6:00-8:00p.m.||Thursday 1:00-3:00p.m.||Thursday 3:30-5:30p.m.||Thursday 6:00-8:00p.m.|
|Classes beginning within this time period.||Meeting Tuesdays and/or Thursdays.||Meeting Mondays and/or Wednesdays and/or Fridays AND those meeting 4 or 5 days a week.|
|8:00-8:59 a.m.||Thursday 8:00-10:00 a.m.||Wednesday 8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|9:00-9:59 a.m.||Wednesday 10:30-12:30 p.m.||Tuesday 10:30-12:30 p.m.|
|10:00-10:59 a.m.||Monday 3:30-5:30 p.m.||Friday 10:30-12:30 p.m.|
|11:00-11:59 a.m.||Monday 10:30-12:30 p.m.||Thursday 10:30-12:30 p.m.|
|12:00-12:59 p.m.||Friday 8:00-10:00 a.m.||Tuesday 8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|1:00-1:59 p.m.||Tuesday 1:00-3:00 p.m.||Monday 1:00-3:00 p.m.|
|2:00-2:59 p.m.||Wednesday 3:30-5:30 p.m.||Wednesday 1:00-3:00 p.m.|
|3:00-3:59 p.m.||Friday 1:00-3:00 p.m.||Monday 8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|4:00-4:59 p.m.||Thursday 1:00-3:00 p.m.||Tuesday 3:30-5:30 p.m.|
|5:00-5:59 p.m.||Thursday 3:30-5:30 p.m.||Friday 3:30-5:30 p.m.|
- Final examinations, if they are to be given, are given only during the sixteenth week of the semester (eighth week of the summer term). They may not be given earlier.
- What to do if you must miss an exam — Let the instructor know as soon as possible before the exam. If the instructor finds your excuse acceptable, he or she may give you an incomplete and schedule an exam for you at a later date. The instructor is the only individual authorized to permit a student to defer a final exam.
- No formal instruction of any kind may be given during the final examination period.
- The instructor has the option of giving combined section final exams.
Final examinations are scheduled according to the time and day(s) the class meets, and the type of class (lecture, lecture discussion, quiz or laboratory):
- Time and day(s) that class meets. Determines the day on which the exam is scheduled.
- Type of class. When a course involves classes that meet at different times (such as a course with both a lecture and a lab), the time of the course (for purposes of scheduling the exam) is determined by an established order of precedence: lecture, lecture discussion, quiz and laboratory. (For example, if a course meets as both a lecture and as a laboratory, the final exam would be scheduled according to the time at which the lecture meets.)
- Exam Conflicts. The exam schedule is designed to prevent conflicts. But just in case, here is what happens if you have an exam conflict:
- For terms Summer 2015, Fall 2015, Spring 2016 – course listed first in the online Schedule of Classes has precedence.
- For terms Summer 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017 – course listed second in the online Schedule of Classes has precedence.
- Regularly scheduled final exams, including Evening Program Courses, have precedence over combined-section exams.
- A student with an exam conflict is responsible for arranging a makeup exam with his or her instructor.
- A student having more than two examinations in a day. No student will be required to take more than two final examinations in one day. Any student having more than two final examinations scheduled in one day is entitled to rescheduling. Students must notify the instructor by November 1 in the fall semester and April 1 in the spring semester to be eligible for rescheduling. To resolve this conflict, the student will be required to take the first two examinations scheduled (according to the posted examinations schedule) in any given day. Any third, fourth or additional final examinations that are scheduled on the same day must be rescheduled and taken on another day within finals week.
- Finals for Evening Program students are held during the sixteenth week of the semester (or eighth week of the 8 week summer term) at the regularly scheduled class time.
- If a class meets more than once a week, the exam should be held on the earlier day of finals week.
- No examination should exceed two hours.
NOTE: Evening Program makeup classes for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday are to be held on the following Friday.
Last Updated: January 5, 2017