Midterm grades for students in 000 and 100 level courses
The Committee of Associate and Assistant Deans are requesting that Instructors in 000 and 100 level courses evaluate student performance by midterm. Midterm grades will be collected for students enrolled in 000 and 100 level courses. These grades are not recorded on the student’s permanent record and are advisory grades used for counseling purposes.
- Comments will be placed on the Banner Class Roster indicating that a Midterm Grade is required the week of February 20, 2017. This comment is needed to create rosters for midterm grading.
- Grades will be due on Wednesday, March 8, 2017 11:59 pm.
- Students will be able to view midterm grades via my.UIC.edu in Student Self Service Thursday, Thursday March 9, 2017, 9:00 am.
- View Direct reports available Friday, March 10, 2017.
In order to access the Self-Service System ALL faculty members must establish an Enterprise ID. For instructions, go the https://apps.uillinois.edu, select Student & Faculty Self-Service and follow instructions for first-time users.
- Log in to https://my.UIC.edu and proceed to Faculty Self-Service or type the following link to the Self-Service System in your browser: http://apps.uillinois.edu.
- In https://my.UIC.edu, select Academics and then the Teaching tab
- Select Faculty Grade Entry.
- Be certain that Midterm Grades are selected at the option in the upper left hand of the page.
- If the CRN is not displayed, contact your department.
- To assign a grade for individual students, use the drop-down box that appears in the Grade column. Only applicable grades will be displayed in the drop-down box.
- A spreadsheet of grades can also be loaded. Click on the Tools pull down menu at the upper right of the page and follow instructions. See https://ossswebcs.admin.uillinois.edu/xe/xe_fac.html for help and instructions.
- To submit grades hit the SAVE button.
- You will have the ability to edit and/or correct grades you have already submitted through the Self-Service system up until the the Office of the Registrar published grade deadline.
- Repeat steps to enter grades for each course you are teaching.
- You will NOT be able to view midterm grades submitted for your students AFTER the submission deadline. Select the Tools menu in the upper right hand of the page to Export a copy of all grades submitted for your records.
- The midterm grades for an entire class can also be viewed in Banner on the Class Roster form, SFASLST.
- All midterm grades submitted for a individual student can be viewed in Banner using the SFARHST form.
- Once the deadline to enter midterm grades has passed, the ability to enter or update the web midterm grade feature will be electronically shut off. There will be no late submission of midterm grades.
- Instructors will NOT be able to view midterm grades submitted for students AFTER the submission deadline. Instructors will NOT be able to view midterm grades submitted for students AFTER the submission deadline. Instructors may select the Tools menu in the upper right hand of the page to Export a copy of all grades submitted for their records.
- Students will be able to view the midterm grades once the faculty deadline to enter grades has passed.
Student evaluations at midterm are used for counseling purposes, and are not recorded on the student’s permanent record.
- Tips for students on interpreting midterm grades can be found at http://advising.uic.edu/ and a handout for student support after midterms created by LARES can found here.
Midterm grades not submitted by the deadline will not display on the college and departmental advising reports.
Three new view direct reports will be available for college and department staff:
Midterm Grades (SR2MGRA01B)
This student grade report will list all courses and midterm grades (if submitted) for ALL students in 000 and 100 level courses. Data elements include: student’s name, UIN, phone number, email, mailing address, department/major, course subject, number, section, campus, course title, grade, credit hours, earned hours, attempted hours, GPA hours and midterm GPA. This report will be indexed by college and sorted alphabetically by student.
Midterm Grades Below C (SR2MGRA02B)
This report is a subset of the population of students in the Midterm Grades report listed above. Only students who received at least one midterm grade below a C will be included in this report.
Midterm Grades Below C Data (SR2MGRA03B)
This is a downloadable data version of the Report of Grades Below C. Select demographic and GPA data elements will be included in this report.
Midterm grade queries are available in the Decision Support Solutions Library
Users with Banner access to view registration records will have access to these reports. If you are unable to retrieve these reports in ViewDirect or if you need access to Banner forms, please contact your Unit Security Contact (USC) to obtain access.
See http://www.aits.uillinois.edu/access/find_my_usc/ for a listing of Unit Security Contacts.
Last updated on
March 2, 2017