Graduate Tuition and Fees
Fall 2011 and Spring 2012
To determine tuition and fees
- Add tuition
- Add applicable tuition differential
- Add applicable fees
- Add applicable assessment
(12 hours and over)
(6 to 11 hours)
(1 to 5 hours)
|In state||Out of state||In state||Out of state||In state||Out of state||In/Out of state|
|Graduate Base Rate||$5,192||$11,191||$3,461||$7,461||$1,731||$3,730||$865|
|Range I||Range II||Range III||Range IV|
|Architecture and the Arts - Architecture, Art and Design||$2,299||$1,533||$766||$383|
|Architecture and the Arts - Art History||$1,725||$1,150||$575||$288|
|Architecture and the Arts - MA in Architecture Design Criticism||$2,100||$1,400||$700||$350|
|Architecture and the Arts - MA in Museum & Exhibition Studies||$2,874||$1,916||$958||$479|
|Architecture and the Arts - MS in Architecture in Health Design||$4,000||$2,667||$1,333||$667|
|Business: MBA, MA in Real Estate, MS Accounting, MS in Management Information Systems, and MS in Finance||$4,100||$2,733||$1,367||$683|
|College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs (CUPPA) - Public Administration||$2,000||$1,333||$667||$333|
|College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs (CUPPA) - Urban Planning and Policy||$2,500||$1,667||$833||$417|
|Engineering - All Except Energy Engineering||$1,040||$693||$347||$173|
|Engineering - Energy Engineering||$3,168||$2,112||$1,056||$528|
|LAS - Science only: Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Sciences, Physics, and Psychology||$875||$583||$292||$146|
|Medical Biotechnology MS||$3,449||$2,299||$1,150||$575|
|Occupational Therapy (OT): Doctor of OT and MS in OT||$2,052||$1,368||$684||$342|
|Public Health (all except Healthcare Administration)||$1,810||$1,207||$603||$302|
|Public Health - Healthcare Administration||$4,852||$3,235||$1,617||$809|
12 hours and over
6 to 11 hours
1 to 5 hours
|Student to Student Fee||$3||$3||$3||$3|
|Health Service Fee||$90||$90||$90||$90|
|Health Insurance Fee. With proof of insurance, this fee can be waived.||$401||$401||$401||$401|
|CTA U Pass Transportation Fee. Assessed for full time study defined as 9 hours.||$109||Not assessed for less than full time||Not assessed for less than full time||Not assessed for less than full time|
|Range I||Range II||Range III||Range IV|
|Academic Facilities Maintenance Fund Assessment||$300||$200||$100||$50|
|Library and Information Technology Assessment||$200||$133||$67||$33|
- Tuition and fees are subject to change without notice any time prior to the first day of instruction
- Graduate E-Tuition rate of $740 per credit hour at UIC will be assessed to all students admitted to degree and non-degree on-line programs excluding UIC Online. eTuition is assessed to students admitted into formally recognized online programs (with program codes ending in "U"). The program of admission will control tuition and fee assessment. See the OAR web site for online tuition rate information.
- In fall and spring, $3.00 will be assessed for the Student-To-Student Assistance Program (refundable). Not assessed in summer.
- All full time students are assessed a $109 transportation fee for the CTA U Pass. Full time is defined as 12 or more credits hours for undergraduate and professional students. Full time is defined as 9 or more credit hours for graduate students.
- The transportation fee will be assessed to degree and non-degree students in the categories listed in note 4 above.
- Undergraduate degree seeking students entering the University in Summer 2004 or after are provided a four year tuition guarantee. The purpose of the undergraduate guaranteed tuition plan is to provide a high degree of certainty about tuition costs for students and families. The plan applies to all undergraduate students enrolled in a baccalaureate degree program on one of the three campuses of the University of Illinois. The plan treats every student as part of a cohort defined by the date of entry to the University. Each cohort is guaranteed an unchanged tuition schedule for four years. Please note that fees are subject to change annually. For details on guaranteed undergraduate tuition see http://www.usp.uillinois.edu/guaranteed_tuition/index.cfm. A law moved forward in 2010 known as "Truth in Tuition" allows students whose 4 years have expired to remain in the next most recently admitted cohort for 2 years. In short, after the four year guarantee, students move to the next most favorable cohort rate in year 5, stay there for year 6, then move to the last active guaranteed cohort rate each year thereafter.
- The Academic Facilities Maintenance Fund Assessment (AFMFA) is assessed to all undergraduates. AFMFA is $293 per semester for full-time students enrolled for at least 12 credit hours. For less than full-time enrollment, the AFMFA will be based on enrolled credit hours pro-rated according to range calculations.
- In order to generate resources to improve the learning environment, a Library and Information Technology Assessment of $200 per semester is charged to all students. For students at less than full-time enrollment the assessment is pro-rated according to tuition range calculations.
- Tuition differentials are applied to non-degree students in major specific non-degree program codes.
For information on refunds for see: