Final Exam Schedule (Summary)
Final Exam Schedule (Summary)
Due to Covid-19 safety measures, Spring 2020 Final Exams will take place remotely. Please work with instructors for detailed information.
Note: Tentative times listed on this page are for all colleges except the health sciences professional colleges.
Complete Final Exams for Current Semester
Final exam scheduling is standardized but varies from semester to semester. Review the list below for an overview of course scheduling on a per semester basis.
Fall Semester – 2020
The final day of instruction for the 16 week fall semester is Friday, December 4th. Final exams are held during the 16th week, from Monday, December 7th through Friday, December 11th.
Spring Semester – 2021
The final day of instruction for the 16 week spring semester is Friday, April 30th. Final exams are held during the 16th week, from Monday, May 3rd through Friday, May 7th.
Summer Session 1 – 2021
The final day of the 4-week Summer Session is Thursday, June 10th. If they will be given, final exams are held on Friday, June 11th.
Summer Session 2 – 2021
The final day of the 8-week Summer Session is Wednesday, August 4th. If they will be given, final exams are held on Thursday, August 5th and Friday, August 6th according to the following directions:
- Classes that meet on a Tuesday/Thursday pattern conduct their final exams on Thursday, August 5th, at regular class times and locations.
- Classes that meet on a Monday/Wednesday/Friday pattern conduct their final exams on Friday, August 6th, at regular class times and locations. Classes where the LEC or LCD meets MW only should also follow this pattern; please contact the Office of Classroom Scheduling (info below) to confirm there will not be classroom conflict(s).
- Students in classes which do not conform to regular Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/ Wednesday/Friday schedules will take their final exams on Thursday or Friday according to instructions from the course instructor (see General Final Exam Schedule table).
Note: Instructors of courses with non-traditional meeting schedules should contact the Office of Classroom Scheduling to arrange for exam locations. Contact the Office of Classroom Scheduling at (312) 413-3640 (e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org). Selected courses follow the combined section exam schedule, most follow the general schedule.
General Final Exam Schedule
|Classes beginning within this time period.||Meeting Tuesdays and/or Thursdays.||Meeting Mondays and/or Wednesdays and/or Fridays AND those meeting 4 or 5 days a week.|
|8:00-8:59 a.m.||Thursday 8:00-10:00 a.m.||Wednesday 8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|9:00-9:59 a.m.||Wednesday 10:30-12:30 p.m.||Tuesday 10:30-12:30 p.m.|
|10:00-10:59 a.m.||Monday 3:30-5:30 p.m.||Friday 10:30-12:30 p.m.|
|11:00-11:59 a.m.||Monday 10:30-12:30 p.m.||Thursday 10:30-12:30 p.m.|
|12:00-12:59 p.m.||Friday 8:00-10:00 a.m.||Tuesday 8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|1:00-1:59 p.m.||Tuesday 1:00-3:00 p.m.||Monday 1:00-3:00 p.m.|
|2:00-2:59 p.m.||Wednesday 3:30-5:30 p.m.||Wednesday 1:00-3:00 p.m.|
|3:00-3:59 p.m.||Friday 1:00-3:00 p.m.||Monday 8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|4:00-4:59 p.m.||Thursday 1:00-3:00 p.m.||Tuesday 3:30-5:30 p.m.|
|5:00-5:59 p.m.||Thursday 3:30-5:30 p.m.||Friday 3:30-5:30 p.m.|
- Final examinations, if they are to be given, are given only during the sixteenth week of the semester (eighth week of the summer term). They may not be given earlier.
- What to do if you must miss an exam — Let the instructor know as soon as possible before the exam. If the instructor finds your excuse acceptable, he or she may give you an incomplete and schedule an exam for you at a later date. The instructor is the only individual authorized to permit a student to defer a final exam.
- No formal instruction of any kind may be given during the final examination period.
- The instructor has the option of giving combined section final exams.
Scheduling of Exams
Final examinations are scheduled according to the time and day(s) the class meets, and the type of class (lecture, lecture discussion, quiz or laboratory):
- Time and day(s) that class meets. Determines the day on which the exam is scheduled.
- Type of class. When a course involves classes that meet at different times (such as a course with both a lecture and a lab), the time of the course (for purposes of scheduling the exam) is determined by an established order of precedence: lecture, lecture discussion, quiz and laboratory. (For example, if a course meets as both a lecture and as a laboratory, the final exam would be scheduled according to the time at which the lecture meets.)
- Exam Conflicts. The exam schedule is designed to prevent conflicts. But just in case, here is what happens if you have an exam conflict:
- For terms Fall 2020, Spring 2021, Summer 2021 – course listed first in the online Schedule of Classes has precedence.
- For terms Fall 2021, Spring 2022, Summer 2022 – course listed second in the online Schedule of Classes has precedence.
- Regularly scheduled final exams, including Evening Program Courses, have precedence over combined-section exams.
- A student with an exam conflict is responsible for arranging a makeup exam with his or her instructor.
- A student having more than two examinations in a day. No student will be required to take more than two final examinations in one day. Any student having more than two final examinations scheduled in one day is entitled to rescheduling. Students must notify the instructor by November 1 in the fall semester and April 1 in the spring semester to be eligible for rescheduling. To resolve this conflict, the student will be required to take the first two examinations scheduled (according to the posted examinations schedule) in any given day. Any third, fourth or additional final examinations that are scheduled on the same day must be rescheduled and taken on another day within finals week.
Final Exam Schedule for Evening Program Courses (Start after 6:00pm)
- Finals for Evening Program students are held during the sixteenth week of the semester (or eighth week of the 8 week summer term) at the regularly scheduled class time.
- If a class meets more than once a week, the exam should be held on the earlier day of finals week.
- No examination should exceed two hours.
Evening Program Makeup Classes
Evening Program makeup classes for Labor Day Holiday are to be held on the following Friday. Evening Program Makeup classes for Thanksgiving Holiday are to be held on the preceding Friday.
Evening Program makeup classes for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday are to be held on the following Friday.
Last Updated: Thursday, October 22nd
|Registration Services||Calendars||Financial Matters|
|Student Records||Transcripts||Campus Policies|