Final Exam Schedule (Summary)
Final Exam Schedule (Summary) Heading link
Note: Tentative times listed on this page are for all colleges except the health sciences professional colleges.
Complete Final Exams for Current Semester
Final exam scheduling is standardized but varies from semester to semester. Review the list below for an overview of course scheduling on a per semester basis.
Summer Exam Schedule – 2023
Final exams for summer semester will take place on the last day of Summer Session 1 and the last two days of Summer Session 2.
Fall Semester – 2022
The final day of instruction for the 16 week fall semester is Friday, December 2nd. Final exams are held during the 16th week, from Monday, December 5th through Friday, December 9th.
Note: Instructors of courses with non-traditional meeting schedules should contact Course Management and Academic Space Scheduling to arrange for exam locations. Contact Course Management and Academic Space Scheduling at email@example.com. Selected courses follow the combined section exam schedule, most follow the general schedule.
General Final Exam Schedule
|Classes beginning within this time period.||Meeting Tuesdays and/or Thursdays.||Meeting Mondays and/or Wednesdays and/or Fridays AND those meeting 4 or 5 days a week.|
|8:00-8:59 a.m.||Thursday 8:00-10:00 a.m.||Wednesday 8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|9:00-9:59 a.m.||Wednesday 10:30-12:30 p.m.||Tuesday 10:30-12:30 p.m.|
|10:00-10:59 a.m.||Monday 3:30-5:30 p.m.||Friday 10:30-12:30 p.m.|
|11:00-11:59 a.m.||Monday 10:30-12:30 p.m.||Thursday 10:30-12:30 p.m.|
|12:00-12:59 p.m.||Friday 8:00-10:00 a.m.||Tuesday 8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|1:00-1:59 p.m.||Tuesday 1:00-3:00 p.m.||Monday 1:00-3:00 p.m.|
|2:00-2:59 p.m.||Wednesday 3:30-5:30 p.m.||Wednesday 1:00-3:00 p.m.|
|3:00-3:59 p.m.||Friday 1:00-3:00 p.m.||Monday 8:00-10:00 a.m.|
|4:00-4:59 p.m.||Thursday 1:00-3:00 p.m.||Tuesday 3:30-5:30 p.m.|
|5:00-5:59 p.m.||Thursday 3:30-5:30 p.m.||Friday 3:30-5:30 p.m.|
- Final examinations, if they are to be given, are given only during the sixteenth week of the semester (eighth week of the summer term). They may not be given earlier.
- Final Examinations for Fall and Spring 8 week classes should take place during the final meeting period for the class at the usual meeting day/time in the same classroom.
- What to do if you must miss an exam — Let the instructor know as soon as possible before the exam. If the instructor finds your excuse acceptable, he or she may give you an incomplete and schedule an exam for you at a later date. The instructor is the only individual authorized to permit a student to defer a final exam.
- No formal instruction of any kind may be given during the final examination period.
- The instructor has the option of giving combined section final exams.
Scheduling of Exams
Final examinations are scheduled according to the time and day(s) the class meets, and the type of class (lecture, lecture discussion, quiz or laboratory):
- Time and day(s) that class meets. Determines the day on which the exam is scheduled.
- Type of class. When a course involves classes that meet at different times (such as a course with both a lecture and a lab), the time of the course (for purposes of scheduling the exam) is determined by an established order of precedence: lecture, lecture discussion, quiz and laboratory. (For example, if a course meets as both a lecture and as a laboratory, the final exam would be scheduled according to the time at which the lecture meets.)
- Exam Conflicts. The exam schedule is designed to prevent conflicts. But if there is an an exam conflict, the following procedures should be followed::
- For Fall terms – course listed first in the online Schedule of Classes has precedence.
- For Spring terms – course listed second in the online Schedule of Classes has precedence.
- Regularly scheduled final exams and classes, have precedence over combined-section exams.
- A student with an exam conflict is responsible for arranging a makeup exam with his or her instructor.
- A student having more than two examinations in a day. No student will be required to take more than two final examinations in one day. Any student having more than two final examinations scheduled in one day is entitled to rescheduling. Students must notify the instructor by November 1 in the fall semester and April 1 in the spring semester to be eligible for rescheduling. To resolve this conflict, the student will be required to take the first two examinations scheduled (according to the posted examinations schedule) in any given day. Any third, fourth or additional final examinations that are scheduled on the same day must be rescheduled and taken on another day within finals week.
Final Exam Schedule for Evening Program Courses (Start after 6:00pm)
Applies to Fall and Spring semesters only
- Finals for Evening Program students are held during the sixteenth week of the semester (or eighth week of the 8 week summer term) at the regularly scheduled class time.
- If a class meets more than once a week, the exam should be held on the earlier day of finals week.
- No examination should exceed two hours.
Program Makeup Classes
Program makeup classes for Labor Day Holiday are to be held on the following Friday. Program Makeup classes for Thanksgiving Holiday are to be held on the preceding Friday.
Program makeup classes for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday are to be held on the following Friday.
For information on all other exams, page please see our Exams other than Final Exams page.
Updated Heading link
Last Updated: Thursday, October 22nd
Quick Links Heading link
|Registration Services||Calendars||Financial Matters|
|Student Records||Transcripts||Campus Policies|