Course Drop Policy for Undergraduate Students
Course Drop Policy for Undergraduate Students Heading link
Undergraduate students may web-drop courses using XE Registration system (available via my.UIC.edu) through the end of the second week of classes for fall and spring semesters (Click here for policy for drop deadlines for part of term courses),or through the first Wednesday of Summer Session 1 and the first Friday of Summer Session 2. During weeks 3 through 10 of the fall and spring semesters (third Wednesday of Summer Session 1 and fifth Friday of Summer Session 2) students may drop courses with the permission of their major College. If the drop occurs between 0-2 weeks in fall and spring (between the first day of instruction through the first Wednesday of Summer Session 1 and the first Friday of Summer Session 2), there will be no notation on the transcript. If the drop occurs during weeks 3 through 10 in fall and spring (between the third Wednesday of Summer Session 1 and fifth Friday of Summer Session 2), a W is noted on the transcript. Undergraduate students may drop a maximum of 4 UIC individual courses that result in a W notation on their transcript during their entire undergraduate degree program.
Note: International students in F-1 or J-1 status are required to be registered full-time (12 credit hours) every semester. Graduate students with assistantships may register for less than 12 credit hours if appropriate criteria has been met. If you wish to register for less than 12 credit hours, please speak with an advisor in the Office of International Services (OIS) prior to dropping courses or under-enrolling. In order to maintain your immigration status, permission must be granted by OIS in advance of dropping below full time. OIS is located at 1200 W. Harrison St. Suite 2160/ phone: (312) 996-3121 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Fall/Spring Semester||Drop Method|
|Weeks 0 through 2||XE Registration|
|Weeks 3 through 10||Obtain College permission|
|Summer Session 1||Drop Method|
|First Monday through first Wednesday||XE Registration|
|First Thursday through third Wednesday||Obtain College permission|
|Summer Session 2||Drop Method|
|Weeks 0 through 1||XE Registration|
|Weeks 2 through 5||Obtain College permission|
To process a drop request with College permission:
- College of Applied Health Sciences students contact the Office of Student Affairs, 516 AHSB, (312) 996-2079. Late drop petitions can also be found under the Forms section on the following website: Registration and Forms (uic.edu)
- College of Architecture and the Arts students must complete a Late Course Drop Petition form in Jefferson Hall Room 208.
- College of Business Administration students can complete a Late Drop Petition form online by submitting the Late Drop Petition found halfway down this webpage:
https://businessconnect.uic.edu/undergrad/current-undergrad-students/ Please direct any questions to the CBA Student Services Office, 1111 UH, (312) 996-2700.
- College of Education students contact the Office of Student Services, 3145 EPASW, (312) 996-4532.
- College of Engineering students can complete a Late Drop Petition form online by submitting the Late Drop Petition found halfway down this webpage: https://engineering.uic.edu/undergraduate/resources/
- Jane Addams College of Social Work call (312) 996-7096.
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences students must meet with an academic advisor in the College’s Office of Student Academic Affairs via appointment or online drop-in advising.
- UIC Nursing students must meet with their academic advisor in the Office of Academic Engagement & Student Success on the fifth floor of the Nursing building (West Campus). Email inquiries can be sent to Maria Gutierrez (email@example.com) or Erika Boyko (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs students must meet with an academic advisor. Please call 312-413-8088 to set up an appointment with your advisor.
Quick Links Heading link
|Registration Services||Calendars||Financial Matters|
|Student Records||Transcripts||Campus Policies|