Course Drop Policy for Undergraduate Students
Undergraduate students may web-drop courses using XE Registration system (available via my.UIC.edu) through the end of the second week of classes for fall and spring semesters (Click here for policy for drop deadlines for part of term courses),or through the first Wednesday of Summer Session 1 and the first Friday of Summer Session 2. During weeks 3 through 10 of the fall and spring semesters (third Wednesday of Summer Session 1 and fifth Friday of Summer Session 2) students may drop courses with the permission of their major College. If the drop occurs between 0-2 weeks in fall and spring (between the first day of instruction through the first Wednesday of Summer Session 1 and the first Friday of Summer Session 2), there will be no notation on the transcript. If the drop occurs during weeks 3 through 10 in fall and spring (between the third Wednesday of Summer Session 1 and fifth Friday of Summer Session 2), a W is noted on the transcript. Undergraduate students may drop a maximum of 4 UIC individual courses that result in a W notation on their transcript during their entire undergraduate degree program.
Note: International students in F-1 or J-1 status are required to be registered full-time (12 credit hours) every semester. Graduate students with assistantships may register for less than 12 credit hours if appropriate criteria has been met. If you wish to register for less than 12 credit hours, please speak with an advisor in the Office of International Services (OIS) prior to dropping courses or under-enrolling. In order to maintain your immigration status, permission must be granted by OIS in advance of dropping below full time. OIS is located at 1200 W. Harrison St. Suite 2160/ phone: (312) 996-3121 e-mail: email@example.com
|Fall/Spring Semester||Drop Method|
|Weeks 0 through 2||XE Registration|
|Weeks 3 through 10||Obtain College permission|
|Summer Session 1||Drop Method|
|First Monday through first Wednesday||XE Registration|
|First Thursday through third Wednesday||Obtain College permission|
|Summer Session 2||Drop Method|
|Weeks 0 through 1||XE Registration|
|Weeks 2 through 5||Obtain College permission|
To process a drop request with College permission:
- College of Applied Health Sciences students contact the Office of Student Affairs, 560 AHSB, (312) 996-2078.
- College of Architecture and the Arts students must complete a Late Course Drop Petition form in Jefferson Hall Room 208.
- College of Business Administration students must complete a Late Drop Petition form in the CBA Student Services Office, 1111 UH, (312) 996-2700.
- College of Education students contact the Office of Student Services, 3145 EPASW, (312) 996-4532.
- College of Engineering students must submit a Late Drop Petition Form to the COE Front Office, 123 SEO.
- Jane Addams College of Social Work call (312) 996-7096.
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences students must meet with an academic advisor or dean in the College's Office of Student Academic Affairs, 3rd Floor UH, for an appointment call 312-996-3366.
- College of Nursing must meet with an academic advisor or the Associate Dean for Academic Advancement in the Office of Academic Programs on the first floor of the College of Nursing.
- College of Urban Planning and Public Affairs students must meet with an academic advisor. Please call 312-413-8088 to set up an appointment with your advisor.