Using XE Registration
Banner XE is a new look and feel for registration processes at UIC. The images and information below provide a step by step process to register for classes. Banner XE allows for greater search capabilities for classes and more streamlined registration. Students can call our Registration Help Line at 312-996-8600 during business hours with questions.
Search and Register
To search and register for classes, follow these steps:
- From the home page, click on "Register for Classes"
- Select the term open for registration and click "Continue"
- Click the blank box next to "Subject" to scroll through the subjects or type in the desired subject. Click "Search".
- Look through the results using the arrows on the bottom left, and click "Add" next to the course you want.
- Optional: To remove a course, click the drop down arrow under "Action", select "Web Drop Course", and click "Submit".
To search for courses by CRN, follow this step:
- If you know the CRNs of your courses, go to "Enter CRNs" tab, and type in the CRNs. Click "Add to Summary" and then "Submit".
If unsuccessful while trying to add or remove a course(s), error message(s) will appear at the top and status will say "Errors Preventing Registration". Contact the course department if it is a "Departmental Approval Required" or "Class Restriction" or "College Restriction" error message. If "Linked Course Error" appears, continue reading about linked courses.
Changing Number of Credit Hours
Changing the number of credit hours for a course can be requested. If approved, you follow these steps to make the changes for your account:
- From the home page, click the "Schedule and Options" tab.
- Under "Hours", click the underlined number next to the course.
- Once the text field appears, proceed to change to the approved number of hours.
- Finally, click "Submit" at the bottom right.