A Term Withdrawal is used if you wish to withdraw from all registered courses for the current term. The Online Term Withdrawal is not used if you wish to withdraw from an individual course, while remaining registered in other courses for the current term. A Term Withdrawal is only effective for the current term, and will not constitute a cancellation of any future term registrations. If you wish to not be registered for a future term, please be sure to cancel all registrations by logging into your my.UIC.edu and drop all future term registrations. Students are academically and financially responsible for all classes registered.
Before withdrawing from a term at the University of Illinois at Chicago, you should contact your UIC college or school advisor to discuss the possible implications of a Term Withdrawal. Graduate degree-seeking students should contact their program.
Implications of a Term Withdrawal
Implications of a Term Withdrawal include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for tuition and fees in accordance with the date you submit the Term Withdrawal. Please see the refund schedule.
- If you receive financial aid, you may be responsible for a complete or partial repayment for the term from which you are withdrawing.
- “W” grades will appear on your transcript.
- Use of a term withdrawal may negatively affect your financial aid eligibility for future terms. Grades of W count against satisfactory academic progress, a measure of continued financial aid eligibility.
- Use of a term withdrawal may negatively affect your progress-to-degree and may result in a change of your academic standing.
- International students must contact the Office of International Services regarding any possible implications a term withdrawal may have.
Once you have spoken with your advisor and you both have decided that a term withdrawal is appropriate, you may submit a term withdrawal as long as it occurs by the term deadline. The term deadlines to submit a withdrawal are:
- Fall and Spring Semester
- End of 15th week* (Part of Term 1 – 16 week courses)
- End of 7th week* (Part of Term A or B – 8 week courses only)
- Summer Semester
- By last date of instruction* – Day before final exams begin.
*Note: Please see refund schedule.
- Fall 2020 – Closed
- Withdrawal Dates: Monday, August 31st – Friday, December 4th – Closed
- Spring 2021 – Now Open – Online Term Withdrawal Request
- Withdrawal Dates: Monday, January 18th – Friday, April 30th
- Summer 2021 – Not Available
- Withdrawal Dates: Thursday, May 20th – Wednesday, August 4th
Online Withdrawal Notes:
- If you have a final grade in any courses for which you are currently registered, a Term Withdrawal cannot be submitted. You must contact your UIC college or school advisor to withdraw from the remaining courses where a grade has not yet been received.
Last Updated: April 1, 2017
|Registration Services||Calendars||Financial Matters|
|Student Records||Transcripts||Campus Policies|