Courses & Grades
Course & Grades
- Grading System
- Undergraduate Repeat Policy for Standard Graded Courses and Repeating a Course with Grade Point Average Recalculation
Check your Grades
Students may access their grades via my.UIC. At the ‘Academics’ tab, select ‘Records’, and then select ‘View Final Grades’.
Calculate your GPA
Understanding your GPA
The GPA reported on your official UIC transcript displays two digits to the right of the decimal point and is truncated, not rounded..
Three different GPAs display on your UIC official transcript:
- Term GPA—the GPA for your grades for a single semester
- Total Institution—the GPA for all courses completed at UIC
- Transfer GPA—the GPA for transfer credit accepted by UIC calculated for each attendance period at institutions previously attended.
Predicting Your Future GPA
- For each course, multiply the grade points defined for the grade (e.g., A = 4.00; refer to our explanation of grades) by the number of credit hours for the course (e.g., 3) to calculate your quality points.
- Add all quality points.
- Add all GPA hours.
- Divide the sum of the quality points by the GPA hours
|Course||Grade||Grade Points||GPA Hours||Quality Points|
|CHEM 102||B||3||3||(3.00 × 3) = 9.00|
|CHEM 103||A||4||5||(4.00 × 5) = 20.00|
|ECON 100||C||2||3||(2.00 × 3) = 6.00|
|MATH 220||F||0||1||(0.00 × 1) = 0.00|
In the example report above, 35 quality points ÷ 12 GPA hours = 2.9166666, giving the student a semester GPA of 2.91.
|Registration Services||Calendars||Financial Matters|
|Student Records||Transcripts||Campus Policies|