Graduation & Diplomas
Graduation_Diploma Heading link
All UIC graduates will receive one diploma per degree earned, free of charge.
At the official campus-wide commencement ceremony, the Chancellor presides as the President confers degrees. You may also participate in convocation, sponsored by your college, school, or department. Other activities have also been planned throughout the weekend.
Find out everything you need to know on our official commencement website
Intent to Graduate
Undergraduate and Graduate students must file an Intent to Graduate Form via Student Self-Service.
Submission deadline is Friday of the third week of the fall and spring semesters, Friday of the second week in summer.
Students cannot be cleared for graduation until they have filed their declaration and have had their academic records reviewed for progress in completing degree requirements.
University of Illinois diplomas are 8.5 x 11 inches. All diplomas will be mailed after degree conferral; there are no other options to receive your diploma except by mail.
Diploma delivery takes between 1 to 2 weeks in the U.S., and longer for international shipping after your degree has been awarded. All diplomas are mailed by Regular 1st Class Mail through the United States Postal Service (USPS).
Tips for Obtaining Your Diploma
- Please review or create a diploma address through student self service as necessary before leaving the university.
- If you are moving, please provide USPS a forwarding address.
- If you have not received your diploma within 75 days for domestic and 105 days for international addresses passed the mailing date please contact the Office of the Registrar – Records Unit.
- After mailing, if your diploma is returned to the Office of the Registrar, you will be responsible for providing a corrected address and paying for any forwarding mail charges as well as processing fees. If your diploma is not returned to the Office of the Registrar and 90 days for domestic and 120 days for international address has passed since the mailing date, you will be responsible for providing the correct address and paying for the cost of the replacement diploma.
Do you want another copy of your diploma or has your diploma been lost or damaged? The following Online Diploma Service is available through our official diploma vendor, The Michael Sutter Company:
- Order a Replacement Diploma – Order your diploma easily online. You will be able to choose Standard Delivery or Express Overnight Delivery. There is a $30.00 charge for your diploma replacement. Your Diploma will be printed and mailed within 1-2 days of your order.
- Order an Official eDiploma – Your UIC eDiploma is a Signed and Certified PDF of your original paper diploma used for easy diploma verification purposes. The Illinois eDiploma is a one-time charge of $5. You will receive your eDiploma within minutes of ordering. You can then share your eDiploma as often as you need.
- Diploma Status – Search the status of your diploma order whether it is your new diploma or replacement diploma through our Online Diploma Service.
Once a diploma request is processed you will receive a secure ID by email within 48 hours. If you have received your diploma recently then you may already have this Secure ID in an email or with your actual diploma.
Note 1: For UIC degrees earned from Summer 2000 to Fall 2004 Social Security number is requested, Fall 2004 and after the University Identification number is required. If you graduated before Fall 2004, you will need to “Submit a Diploma Request” to order a new diploma.
Note 2: For UIC School of Law Alumni (formerly John Marshall Law School), you will need to “Submit a Diploma Request” to order a replacement diploma prior to Fall 2021.
Order via mail
Diplomas may be ordered through the Office of the Registrar. Print out the Diploma re-issue application form, fill in the requested information and have it notarized. Please include a check or money order payable to the University of Illinois at Chicago for $30 per diploma.
Mail Request to:
Office of the Registrar, MC 018 University of Illinois at Chicago Suite 1200 Student Services Building 1200 West Harrison Street Chicago, Illinois 60607-7161
Quick Links Heading link