Medical Immunization Records
Medical Immunization Records
Immunization Handout (pdf)
The Illinois Department of Public Health requires that all students living in on-campus housing and born on or after January 1, 1957, entering a post-secondary institution are required to present documented proof of immunity (pdf) against
the following diseases:
- Measles (Rubeola) – two (2) doses at least 28 days apart
- Rubella (German Measles) – two (2) doses at least 28 days apart
- Mumps – two (2) doses at least 28 days apart
- TD (Tetanus and Diphtheria) – three (3) doses required – one (1) within past 10 years
- Meningitis – Required for students under age of 22 – Must be given on or after 16th birthday
Note: Students are also responsible for showing documentation for any other immunizations as specified by their colleges whether the student is living in on-Campus Housing or not. These documents must be submitted to the student’s college, and do not need to be submitted to the Office of Medical Immunization.
Students in on-campus housing who are not properly immunized and have not submitted a written statement of medical or religious exemption are required to undergo immunization within the first term of enrollment. Failure to provide the required proof of immunity shall prevent a student from enrolling in a subsequent term. To prevent a hold from being placed on a student’s account, students must submit the required proof of immunity (pdf).
How to submit Immunization Records:
You may upload your immunization records via Student Self-Service (preferred method), email, fax or mail your documents to the Office of the Registrar:
Upload documents via Student Self-Service (preferred method): How to Upload Immunization Record (pdf)
- Log into my.UIC.edu and scroll down and click on “Student Self-Service”
- Once in Student Self-Service, click the “Registration & Records” tab and then click “Student Records and Transcripts”
- Click “View Student Information” and then “Immunization Document” and upload your immunization records
Email or Fax documents:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (312) 355-4481
Mailing address: Office of the Registrar, MC 018 University of Illinois at Chicago Suite 1200 Student Services Building 1200 West Harrison Street Chicago, Illinois 60607-7161
How to check your immunization compliance:
You may also check your compliance to see what immunizations you are missing.
- Log into my.UIC.edu and in the search box on the right type in “immunization records” and click search
- Next, click on the portlet that says “Immunization Records – View Your Medical Immunization Records”
- You should then be able to view your immunization compliance status
What does my General Compliance status mean:
- Compliant: Your record is compliant for all required shots.
- Non-Compliant: Your record is non-compliant for all or some of the required immunizations and must submit proof of immunization for the required shot(s) which are shown as non-compliant.
- Temporarily Compliant: You are in the process of completing the series of required shots (MMR and/or Tetanus) but must wait the required time-frame before receiving the next required shot.
Questions pertaining to the medical immunization requirements may be directed to: (If known, please include your UIN)
E-mail: MI@uic.edu Fax: (312) 355-4481
Got questions? See the Medical Immunization Records FAQ
Continuing students who seek a record of previously submitted vaccinations should use the Authorization for Disclosure of Immunization Record Information form.
|Registration Services||Calendars||Financial Matters|
|Student Records||Transcripts||Campus Policies|