Courses & Grades
Check your Grades
Students may access their grades via my.UIC. At the 'Academics' tab, select 'Records', and then select 'View Final Grades'.Check Your Grades
Calculate your GPA
Understanding your GPA
The GPA reported on your official UIC transcript displays two digits to the right of the decimal point and is truncated, not rounded.
Four different GPAs display on your Illinois official transcript:
- Term GPA—the GPA for your grades for a single semester
- Total Institution—the GPA for all courses completed at Illinois
- Total Transfer—the GPA for any courses outside of Illinois
- Overall—the combined Institution and Transfer GPA
Predicting Your Future GPA
- For each course, multiply the grade points defined for the grade (e.g., A = 4.00; refer to our explanation of grades) by the number of credit hours for the course (e.g., 3) to calculate your quality points.
- Add all quality points.
- Add all GPA hours.
- Divide the sum of the quality points by the GPA hours
|Course||Grade||Grade Points||GPA Hours||Quality Points|
|CHEM 102||B||3.00||3||(3.00 × 3) = 9.00|
|CHEM 103||A||4.00||1||(4.00 × 1) = 4.00|
|ECON 100||C||2.00||3||(2.00 × 3) = 6.00|
|MATH 220||F||0.00||5||(0.00 × 5) = 0.00|
In the example report above, 19 quality points ÷ 12 GPA hours = 1.5833333, giving the student a semester GPA of 1.58.